Fall Protection ADMINISTRATIVE PERSON & REFRESHER TRAINING
Thursday, June 29, 2017 @ 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
This course is designed to prepare individuals who will be working with fall protection systems to serve as Administrators of site specific Walking-Working Surface & Working from Height Safety Programs. This course will also serve as a refresher for those who have previously completed Competent Person Training. This
in-depth one-day course will cover OSHA regulations, ANSI standards, and best management practices for those working at height. Personal Fall Protection Systems (PFPS) will be a focus, as will Walking-Working Surfaces, Ladders, Aerials Lifts, Scaffolds, and other related areas. In addition, a specific focus will be on OSHA’s updated regulations and requirements for Walking-Working Surfaces and Working at Height.
- Effective January 17, 2017, all employers are required to have specific inspections of their Walking-Working Surfaces.
- Effective January 17, 2017, scaffolds used in General Industry now have to have the same requirements as the Construction Industry
- Effective January 17, 2017, all dock boards and bridge plates have updated safety requirements that are mandatory.
- Effective May 17, 2017, all employers who have employees exposed to fall hazards in their workplace must ensure they have received updated training to recognize fall hazards, minimize the hazards, and correctly use PFPS (personal fall protection systems).
- Effective November 17, 2017, Rope Decent Systems will have new requirements.
- Effective November 17, 2018, Ladders will have new requirements.
- Effective November 17, 2036, all cages used as a primary source for Fall Protection means must be phased out, using additional methods as the primary source, or new methods with the cage removed.
Register For This Event
Advanced registration is required to attend this event.
Login to register for this event, if you do not have an account please create one first.