This event has passed
Electrical Motor Controls
Tuesday, Jul 25, 2017 - Thursday, Jul 27, 2017
This course is a study of the construction, operating characteristics, and installation of different motor control circuits and devices. Emphasis is placed on the control of three phase AC motors. This course covers the use of motor control symbols, magnetic motor starters, running overload protection, pushbutton stations, multiple control stations, two wire control, three wire control, jogging control, and ladder diagrams of motor control circuits.
At the end of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand the operation of motor starters, overload protection, interpret ladder diagrams using pushbutton stations and understand complex motor control diagrams.
- Become capable of wiring basic to complex control circuits, and troubleshoot electrical problems.
- Control Devices 1
- Electrical Diagrams
- Motor Starters
- Introduction to Basic Motor Controls
- Reversing Three-Phase Motors
- Electromechanical Relays
- Control Devices 2
- Photoelectric and Proximity Switches
- Time Delay
- Methods of Motor Control and Drives
- Solenoid-Operated Valves
- Troubleshooting Switches and Relays
- Troubleshooting Controls
Lunch is included