Develops and conducts training and technical assistance activities for business and industry, particularly in the area of Industrial Maintenance Technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical area from an accredited institution with at least five (5) years full-time industrial maintenance work experience; OR at least eight (8) years full-time industrial maintenance work experience;
• Knowledge of mechanical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, robotics, and mechanical maintenance;
• Effective and proven computer, presentation, and project management skills;
• Proficient in use of computer, specifically MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience with delivering industry training;
• Experience with one or more of ATN’s service delivery specialties (Electrical Industrial Maintenance, Quality Systems, Lean Enterprise, Environmental Health & Safety, Engineering/Technical Services, Information Technology, or Leadership and Team Development).
• Experience in business development, marketing, sales or public relations.
• Experience in Industry 4.0: automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies and processes which include cyber-physical systems (CPS), the internet of things (IoT), industrial internet of things (IIoT), cloud computing, cognitive computing, and artificial intelligence.
• Develops, manages, and/or implements technical assistance and training projects for business and industry, particularly in the area of industrial maintenance;
• Prepares reports, statistical data, and general information for use in evaluating effectiveness of industrial maintenance programs implemented for clients
• Submits documentation and reports to Director or Corporate Office as needed;
• Collaborates on projects/activities with other staff and Alabama Community College Workforce personnel throughout the state;
• Participates in Industrial Maintenance Technology team and on ATN committees, as requested;
• Travel to assist with projects as needed throughout the state;
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with prospective and current clients;
• Works with clients to complete client satisfaction and impact surveys;
• Participates in the formulation and implementation of Center and product line operations and strategic planning initiatives;
• Communicates and works with civic, professional, technical, and industrial organizations and other institutions and agencies to promote ATN and the local center;
• Collaborates, cooperates, promotes, and communicates with employees of the host institution;
• Completes activities with companies within the goals and objectives developed each year;
• Utilizes Enterprise Planning Resources (ERP) system to record time and expense data, and tracking project activities with manufacturers and industries;
• Adheres to National Institute of Standards and Technology/Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST/MEP) guidelines and procedures;
• Communicates effectively orally and in writing;
• Maintains professional credentials and participates in meetings and conferences of relevant professional organizations.
• Ability to travel including overnight travel; possibly weekly (approved travel reimbursed)
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Compensation is in accordance with the Alabama Technology Network’s Salary Schedule T3 ($60,174 – $94,894) and is commensurate with the applicant’s experience and education.
A complete application packet consists of the following:
- Cover letter,
- a completed Alabama Technology Network application form,
- a current resume,
- college transcripts (unofficial or official), and,
- three (3) current and signed reference letters.
Submit application packet to:
Alabama Technology Network
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 302130
Montgomery, AL 36130
Applications should be received by no later than 4:00p.m. Wednesday June 3, 2020.
Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
Application packets received after the deadline date (including transcripts and reference letters) will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
The submission of all required application materials by the deadline date is the sole responsibility of the applicant. No email or faxed applications will be accepted.