Project Engineer- Environmental Health & Safety- Enterprise, AL
| STARTING DATE:
| POSITION SUMMARY:
||Develops and conducts training and technical assistance activities for business and industry, particularly in the area of Environmental Health & Safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent technical area from an accredited institution;
- At least five (5) years full-time environmental safety and health work experience;
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT and ADEM regulations and health and safety training requirements;
- Effective and proven computer, presentation, and project management skills;
- Proficient in use of computer, specifically MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
|ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Certification in CSP, OHST, CIH, or CHMM;
- Experience with delivering industry training;
- Experience with safety and health audits, ergonomics, development of written safety and health programs and development of safety and health training programs.
- Experience with one or more of ATN’s service delivery specialties (Industrial Maintenance Technology, Quality Systems, Lean Enterprise, Environmental Health & Safety, Engineering/Technical Services, or Leadership and Team Development).
- Develops, manages, and/or implements technical assistance and training projects for business and industry, particularly in the area of environmental health and safety;
- Prepares reports, statistical data, and general information for use in evaluating effectiveness of Environmental Health and Safety programs implemented for clients;
- Submits documentation and reports to Director or Corporate Office as needed;
- Collaborates on projects/activities with other staff and Alabama Community College Workforce personnel throughout the state;
- Participates in Communities of Practice and on ATN committees, as requested;
- Travel to assist with projects as needed throughout the state;
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with prospective and current clients;
- Works with clients to complete client satisfaction and impact surveys;
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of Center and product line operations and strategic planning initiatives;
- Communicates and works with civic, professional, technical, and industrial organizations and other institutions and agencies to promote ATN and the local center;
- Collaborates, cooperates, promotes, and communicates with employees of the host institution;
- Completes activities with companies within the goals and objectives developed each year;
- Utilizes Enterprise Planning Resources (ERP) system to record time and expense data, and tracking project activities with manufacturers and industries;
- Adheres to National Institute of Standards and Technology/Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST/MEP) guidelines and procedures;
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing;
- Maintains professional credentials and participates in meetings and conferences of relevant professional organizations.
|MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
|| Performs other duties as assigned.
||Compensation is in accordance with the Alabama Technology Network’s Salary Schedule T3 ($57,860 - $91,244) and is commensurate with the applicant’s experience and education.
A complete application packet consists of the following:
➢ Cover letter,
➢ a current resume,
➢ college transcripts (unofficial or official), and
➢ three (3) current and signed reference letters.
Submit application packet to:
Alabama Technology Network
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 302130
Montgomery, AL 36130
Telephone: (334) 293-4674 or (205) 544-9015
Applications should be received by no later than 3:00 p.m., Thursday, June 20, 2018.
Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
Application packets received after the deadline date (including transcripts and reference letters) will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
The submission of all required application materials by the deadline date is the sole responsibility of the applicant. No email or faxed applications will be accepted.
The Alabama Technology Network is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community, technical colleges, and other entities under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment.
The Alabama Technology Network will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Applicants in need of an accommodation(s) should contact the Office of Human Resources prior to the interview at 334-293-4674.
Applicants must adhere to ATN’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense.
The Alabama Technology Network will not be responsible for copying application packets for current or future positions.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. The Alabama Technology Network is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E- verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
The Alabama Technology Network reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to awarding of employment.